Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Vegan MoFo Questionnaire

Here's a MoFo questionnaire copied from Peggy the Veggie. :)

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
So Nice Plus, or Ryza Vanilla.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Oh my goodness, top three??? How about every recipe I haven't made yet from ED&BV, Veganomicon, and ExtraVeganZa. There. How's three cookbooks instead? :)

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Earth Balance and nutritional yeast.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Pre-vegan zucchini feta pancakes. Blegh.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Beets!

6. How do you organize your recipes?
They're in cookbooks, organized for me. :) Otherwise on the computer.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Compost or trash.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Eep! Quinoa, red peppers, and garlic!

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Hmm....this is a toughie! My mom, who worked full-time, always managed to prepare a home-cooked meal. I really can't think of any bad food memories, or any that particularly stand out... Yeah, I have no good answer for this one.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent's Turtle Trails. Mmmm.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Oh, my food processor, without a doubt.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Fresh basil. Mmm.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
How it All Vegan.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry. Although, I have to give a honourable mention to Elderberry jam. My mother-in-law picks Elderberries and makes jams and syrups that my husband lives for.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Any cupcake from VCTOTW, or a good, hearty rice and bean dish.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu, then seitan. Tempeh just hasn't won me over yet.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner. Or dessert....

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Two cake platters.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Flax meal, peas, hemp seed nuts.

20. What's on your grocery list?
Umm.... onion powder, paprika, chickpeas, kale/ chard, rice milk, frozen berries... I could go on and on...

21. Favorite grocery store?
Organic Roots.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
A recipe my stepmom makes called Treasure cookies.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Tiger the Lion, Vive le Vegan, and Chocolate-Covered Vegan (isn't she the cutest?!).

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Crispy Cat bars. Holy crap, these rocky my vegan world.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
My birthday's on Sunday, so I was frivolous and ordered myself assorted chocolates and a box of champagne truffles. Mmm.

26. Worst kitchen injury?
Slicing my finger open while chopping onions for Thanksgiving this year.

8 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I was just leisurely reading through your survey... and then I saw my name :o) :o) :o). It made me so happy!

Oh and I completely agree about Purely Decadent's Turtle Trails-- it's heaven in a container!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

What a fun list to read!! Pickled beets sound awesome! Do you make them? Be careful with the chopping this Thanksgiving... :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I can't get enough of these surveys that everyone is doing - love it!! you and I have both sliced are fingers open chopping onions, I see - we must be careful! :0(

Peggy said...

Loved reading your answers!

Yikes, that's too bad about slicing your finger. :( I've totally done that so many times when shredding cabbage, when will I learn?

Teresa said...

I just love these surveys and yours was very fun to read. Quinoa is a must (how did I forget garlic in my survey!).

Give tempeh another chance- it really is good!

I love the question you added about the worst kitchen injury. Although I don't think I could answer it because I just have too many!

KellytheCulinarian said...

This is cute, I like the questionaires. Great tips too.

The Little Mama said...

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone!
xo

urban vegan said...

This is a fun meme....I love peeking into other vegans' kitchen habits.