Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wild On: Soup! and other tasty treats...

Here's a dinner from last week that we thoroughly enjoyed. A soup made up of wild rice, wild mushrooms, carrots, and various other yummy tidbits. Truth be told, I'm not a huge mushroom fan, but the soup was lovely and comforting nonetheless.
To accompany our soup (it had been a particularly rainy and chilly week), I made a loaf of Sarah's Sandwich Spelt Bread from La Dolce Vegan.
Mmmm.
A friend of mine gave birth to her second baby boy this week (go Audrey!!!), so I whipped up a batch of Diane's Stork Muffins from Vive for her. Ye gads, I am obsessed with these muffins. Seriously. I always throw in some chocolate chips, because I have a small chocolate 'problem', and I'm pretty sure I could eat these every day. Sweet sweet muffins. She enjoyed them as much as I do....if that's even possible.
We got a big 20lb box of organic peaches from BC this week (that we split with some friends). They have about 5 minutes left of being ripe, so if anyone has any peach recipe suggestions, let me know! (Although, really, eating them on their own is plenty delicious enough...)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

That all looks yummy :)
Thanks for visiting my blog, you're really doing a great job so far with yours. It's also great to find out that there are other vegans in the land of 'Alberta beef'!