Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cookies, Veganomicon, and more!

I had a bit of a posting hiatus.... my apologies! Life's been crazy, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any time soon. But no matter, let's get to the goods!
ED&BV's Mellow Lentil Sniffle Soup
I love red lentils. I think they may surpass garbanzos as my fave legume. Mmmm.
Vegan Lunch Box's Tofu Fish sticks, paired with sauteed purple and green curly kale and a tomato-basil salad drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum!
And, from ED&BV, the Quinoa Chickpea Confetti Casserole and Raw Red Pepper Aioli.
And, of course, cookies! (All from ED&BV)
Super-Charge Me cookies (for my sisters)
Walnut-Carob-Cranberry Clusters
The Double-Carob Cashew cookies (again), and Green Tea Cookies I made up (I'll post the recipe later in the week).
And look what I got in the mail today!
I'll try to do a Halloween post later in the week!
Happy Halloween all!

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

no need to apologize - life gets busy, so you just have to roll with it! I'll still check your blog for updates :0)

wow, you've certainly outdone me on tackling the ED&BV recipes - I still have quite a lot of recipes that I have yet to make!! everything looks delicious, as usual!

I too just received Veganomicon (about a week ago) - I can't WAIT to see what you'll make from it!! :0)

The Little Vegan said...

Green tea cookies sound quite intriguing!

The Little Vegan said...

Haha, to say I've been busy is an understatement! You look like you've been busy too :o).

Michelle said...

how was the chickpea confetti casserole? i really want to make it, i just need to get groceries first.

maybepigscanfly said...

I've been rather obsessed with ED&BV myself. I definitely want to try the niffle soup and also the walnut carob cranberry clusters, ooh and the quinoa chickpea casserole. The super charge cookies was the first recipe I tried- and man they are amazing! I'm very excited for the green tea cookie recipe- I LOVE anything and everything green tea.

No apologies necessary... we all just post when we can and no one should expect anything more.

Veg-a-Nut said...

We love the veganlunch box "fish" sticks. You are another lucky blogger to have your new cookbook. I really must get mine!

chanale said...

I just got ED&BV on Saturday, but already I've made a half dozen recipes. When I first read what Dreena wrote about the black bean and orange hummus being half gone before you knew it, I thought, "who could eat that much hummus so quickly?" Then between DD and me, it ended up disappearing within hours. :D