Monday, December 17, 2007

Quickie

I am insanely swamped right now.... trapped under a seemingly endless pile of sewing, baking, and card making/ writing/ sending.
Anyways, back to the food. My mom and stepdad came for dinner last week, and I made V'Con's Chickpea Cutlets, with Mustard Sauce, and some roasted veggies (blue potatoes, parsnips, and carrots). Hot Damn I love those cutlets.
And, since we're covered in snow, and super cold temps, I made the husband and I a batch of ED&BV's Cocoa. All I had was full-fat coconut milk, which I used the whole can of, against Dreena's advice. I really should've listened to the well-meaning advice, because it was way too rich. Still good, but more like.... if-I-drink-a-whole-mug-of-this-I-might-throw-up good, y'know? I must add light coconut milk to my grocery list and try this again.
Oh, and a quick side note.... have any of you tried VitaSoy's Chocolate Peppermint Soymilk? Oh. My. God. If you haven't tried it yet, then run to your nearest health food store and buy a case...erm, a carton asap. Seriously. You will not be disappointed. Mmmmm. Damn the seasonal soymilks!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh no! I hope you're able to relax soon, and not be overly busy - gotta enjoy the holiday season!! :0)

mmm, the meal you made for your mother and stepfather looks sensational; as does the cocoa!! but I'm not a fan of coconut, so I can understand your feeling about it, after using a whole can of the coconut-milk, haha.

haven't tried that seasonal soymilk flavor, but everyone who HAS seems to love it!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ok, I'm lacing up my sneakers to go running off to my nearest Whole Foods... but my nearest Whole Foods is a 1/2-hour drive away, so I dunno if I can run the whole way!

Here's the new deal: I will bake you gingerbread people if you make me those gorgeous chickpea cutlets ;o)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

You could always make some chocolate-covered pears, which are in-season now :o). Or skip the fruit altogether and just eat the chocolate...

(Normally I'm a healthy eater, I swear!)

veganmomma said...

Chocolate peppermint soymilk?! Why haven't I seen that! I loved the pumpkin spice silk and do seem to like these seasonal "milks". MMM.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, my dear friend :o)

Veggie said...

I stocked up on the Vitasoy Chocolate Peppermint Soymilk this year when I found it. I seriously am in LOVE with that stuff.

I just wish we could get the pumpkin spice silk here too.